Sat, 19 Nov|
The Portico Library Manchester
Magic & Mystery: An Ancient Egyptian Art Workshop @ThePorticoLibrary
Come along to our Ancient Egypt themed art workshop, where we will paint the iconic Queen Nefertiti on authentic Egyptian papyrus! Learn more about Ancient Egypt, traditional art methods and ancient kings and queens in this truly unique creative workshop.
Time & Location
19 Nov 2022, 16:00 – 18:00 GMT
The Portico Library Manchester, 57 Mosley St, Manchester M2 3HY, UK
About the event
Come along to our Ancient Egypt themed art workshop, where we will paint the iconic Queen Nefertiti on authentic Egyptian papyrus!
Learn more about Ancient Egypt, traditional art methods and ancient kings and queens in this truly unique creative workshop.
The session will be based around painting a pre-drawn image of Queen Nefertiti on genuine Egyptian papyrus. As well as adding rich and royal tones to our papyrus with paint, we also have the option to embellish our royal masterpieces with gold leaf, to represent the exquisite, luxurious embellishments incorporated into traditional Ancient Egyptian art.
The image will be pre-drawn onto the papyrus paper by our in-house artist, so the pressure is off and the opportunity to add your own creative influences, is uncapped!
INCLUDING ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
* All art supplies included
* All craft supplies including gold leaf
* Genuine handmade papyrus as canvas!
* Pre-drawn image on canvas
* Hieroglyphic Worksheet
* Photo Props!
* Unique display of extremely rare Belzoni illustrations
* Access to members only area at The Portico Library
* Drinks and snacks available to purchase
The Portico Library
The Portico library is one of Manchester's hidden gems and home to 215 years of literature and culture, right in the heart of Manchester city centre.
The library is also home to the famous and unique Belzoni illustrations, which show the pyramids, temples, tombs, and excavations, in Egypt and Nubia. The handsome elephant folio volume is rarely found together, with its descriptive narrative. It contains various etchings and magnificent hand-coloured lithographs of ancient antiquities and Egyptian artwork which will be on display.
A truly unique opportunity to delve into the magic and mystery of the Ancient Egyptian, in a unique and historical setting.
Seats are limited so book now to avoid disappointment!
We look forward to seeing you there!
The Creative Society Manchester
* Please note the session is 14+ and due to limited space, no additional chairs will be available for non-ticketed companions.
* Free carer tickets are available to accompany disabled attendees. Please reserve a free carer ticket upon booking.
* Tickets are non-refundable, but you may sell your ticket on before the event and update us with the new attendee.
* There are a number of stairs that lead up to the library, if you need assistance, we have other access options so please drop us a message.
Student£23.00+£0.58 service fee
Only 10 early bird tickets available! Book now.£23.00+£0.58 service feeSold Out
To accompany a disabled guest.£0.00